See short overview here
- Slides 1st online workshop by Frederik Heitmüller
- Slides 2nd online workshop by Irma Mosquera
- Slides 3rd online workshop by Irma Mosquera and by Frederik Heitmüller
- Slides 4th online workshop by Frederik Heitmüller
- Slides 5th online workshop by Irma Mosquera and by Frederik Heitmüller part 1, part 2
Since the 2008 financial crisis, multilateral cooperation in international tax law has developed at a fast pace. Nowadays, OECD and non-OECD countries have agreed to introduce international tax policy standards to tackle tax evasion, tax fraud and aggressive tax planning. For individual countries, multilateral cooperation can result in economic benefits, but navigating the global governance architecture also bears many challenges. How to effectively engage in global governance processes? How to evaluate the outcomes?
In this workshop, aimed at tax administrators and policymakers in Africa, we will discuss the content of international tax standards and analyze the policy objectives and strategies pursued by different international, supranational and regional organizations, such as the United Nations, the OECD, the EU, among others, in the process.
GLOBTAXGOV: Prof. Dr. Irma Mosquera, Frederik Heitmüller
ATAF: Lee Corrick, Anthony Munanda, and Aboubakar Nacanabo